Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Asian Chicken Slaw Recipe

This is an easy, tasty side dish or light lunch.

1 - 16oz bag of coleslaw mix
1 pound of cooked chicken, shredded (I use precooked breasts or left over rotisserie chicken)
2 cups of broccoli  florets (blanched) You can get frozen broccoli or fresh
1 cup sugar snap peas (the frozen ones are hard to find. Fresh ones seasonal)
1 red bell pepper (or can use green pepper if you have it) thinly sliced
1 cup sliced scallions (I used an onion since I had it)
1 /2 cup chopped cashews (optional - but highly recommended)

Combine in a bowl and toss.

Dressing:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbs white vinegar
2 Tbs smooth peanut butter
1 Tbs sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp freshly grated ginger (I did not have any so I used 1/4 tsp of ground ginger)
1/2 cup canola oil
1 Tbs sesame oil

Whisk together in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss.

Makes 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment