Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Pizza Dough

My Pizza Dough

I use this dough for pizzas, calzones, and pizza rolls. It also doubles well.

1 package dry yeast ( about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 1/4 cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 teaspoon salt

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Gradually add in 3 cups of flour and the salt. Mix with the dough hook.  You can add in the final 1/4 cup of flour to dough. Allow the dough the mix for 5 to 10 minutes.
Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise until doubled in bulk. Takes about an hour, depending on temperature/humidity.
At this point you can form the entire dough into 1 large pizza. I often portion the dough into 4 equal parts to make 4 smaller "personal" pizzas.

I prebake my crust in a 425 degree oven on a pizza stone for 10 minutes.
Take it out and top with your favorite toppings. Bake for an additional 10 -15 minutes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment