Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The granola and the bread

Here is the granola - I did not use the recipe in the link I posted earlier. I used an old recipe - mostly because I completely forgot to use the other recipe! I will have to use it next time.
Granola

Ingredients:
3 cups uncooked rolled oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup sunflower kernels
1/4 cup pumpkin seed kernels (optional but good)
1/4 cup plus 2 TBS honey - I like tupelo honey
1/4 cup olive oil or canola if you don't have olive oil
2 1/2 TBS water
2 TBS brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
optional - 3/4 cup raisins or craisins

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
Combine the Honey and the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over the oat mixture. Mix well. Mix again.
Spread on a jellyroll pan covered with parchment paper.
Bake in a 350 degree ovenfor 25 minutes or until golden, stir every 5 minutes.
Cool and stir in raisins or chocolate chips :)
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 1/2 months.

* Can also add walnuts, pine nuts, or peanuts.
*OR you can add in dried fruits (banana chips, dried apricots, apples, peaches, pineapple) into granola.


Here are the sandwhich buns.


I will post that recipe tomorrow.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment