Saturday, December 17, 2011

Buckeyes

I know - Buckeyes - not a secret recipe and I am sure everyone has their own twist on them.
This Buckeye recipe came from my Grandma McCray. She made these every year, maybe because she lives in Ohio, maybe because she likes Peanut Butter....who knows. I double the recipe, freeze the Peanut Butter filling then dip them in Chocolate.

Buckeyes

1 cup smooth Peanut Butter
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar/10X powder sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened (Use butter not margarine)
Melted chocolate, I use the chocolate candy bark

Combine the peanut butter and the softened butter until it is well mixed. You should not have any lumps.  Gradually add the powder sugar.
Refrigerate the mixture.
Scoop into balls, about a tablespoon amount.
Freeze or refrigerate overnight or several hours.
With a toothpick dip into melted 3/4 of the way.
Makes about 40 pieces.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment