Sunday, December 25, 2011

Double Chocolate Biscotti

I can't remember where I found this recipe. I think I may have found it on Pinterest? I try hard to write down where I find recipes and give credit where it is due. I truly apologize to whoever first came up with this recipe!

Double Chocolate Biscotti

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa - unsweetened
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 all-purpose flour
4 oz. white chocolate ( I used half a bag of ghiradelli white chocolate chips)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees
Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy
Beat in the cocoa and baking powder
Beat for 2 minutes.
Add in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix well after each addition.
Stir in the flour.
Stir in the chocolate chips (white and chocolate).
Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
Divide the dough into 2 parts - about 9" long log
Flatten each section
Place on pan with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes
cool for about an hour

Heat oven to 325 degrees
Cut into slices and lay on their sides on a baking sheet (covered with parchment paper)
Bake for 9 minutes, then flip to the other side. Bake for 9 more minutes

Cool for an hour or 2.
Dip in chocolate or drizzle in chocolate. You can also sprinkle with crushed peppermint pieces.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment