I made a double batch for the goodie boxes
I also copy and pasted the recipe from the website. I did not alter or change a thing except I dipped them in white candy coating and sprinkled them with gingerbread men sprinkles.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 30 truffles
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2.5 cups gingersnap crumbs (about one 12-oz box)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
Preparation:1. Place the white chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
2. Once the white chocolate is melted, add the corn syrup, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. If it seems to be separating, stir gently with a whisk until it comes back together. Stir in the gingersnap crumbs, powdered sugar, all the spices, the salt, and the chopped nuts. Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
3. Using a teaspoon, roll the candy into small balls between your palms. Place the granulated sugar in a small bowl, and roll the balls in the sugar.
4. Place the gingerbread truffles in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. These candies store for several weeks, but they tend to lose some of their strong ginger flavor after about a week. Allow the truffles to come to room temperature before serving.