Saturday, January 7, 2012

Caramel Sauce

This is my second try at Caramel Sauce. My first attempt I think I did not let my sugar caramelize enough I think I stirred it too much. This batch is cooling so we will see if attempt #2 was a success.

I won't post the first recipe - mostly because I do not want to blame the recipe.

Here is my second recipe attempt. It is so simple yet has to be watched carefully.

I got the recipe from Simply Recipes Caramel Sauce  I won't  retype it since she did a great job explaining the method. I got 2 - 1/2 pint canning jars out of this recipe.

My baking assistant is quite excited to try this caramel sauce. I will be running to the store to pick up some vanilla ice cream for the taste test later tonight.



For hints on making caramel go to David Lebovitz's blog/website.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment