Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Egg Roll Recipe

My Egg Roll Recipe - I know there are many egg roll recipes out there. This one works for me and my guys seem to like it.

Ingredients:

Finely chop the following ingredients:
celery - 1 - 2 stalks
1 bunch of green onions (or 1/2 or so of an onion)
3 carrots
Bok Choy (I have used regular cabbage too)
1 green pepper
mushrooms (sliced, 8 oz package)
1 clove garlic, minced

You can also add: 1 can of the tiny canned shrimp or previous cooked and seasoned chicken.

Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet. Add the onion and saute', then add the rest of the veggies. Saute' for 5 - 7 minutes. Add the shrimp or chicken. Add in 1 - 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce (I use low - sodium soy sauce). Continue to cook for 5 minutes.

Drain the mixture.
Fill the egg roll wrapper with 2 Tablespoons of the mixture. Fold according to the package directions.

Heat up approx. 1 1/2 quarts of oil in a 3 quart pot.

Once the oil is 350 degrees. Drop in the egg rolls one a time. They will fry in less than 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them they cook quickly.

If you want to freeze these then freeze then mixture separately.  The mixture will freeze well for up to 3 months.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment